Re: Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Rob Arnold
Subject Re: Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
You probably need to configure your firewall. RedHat 7.2 installs, by
default, with firewall settings that do not allow access to most ports.

root@localhost> /usr/sbin/setup

Then select firewall setup and add ports 5432:tcp and (possibly) 5432:udp
manually.

--rob

P.S.  I admire your English. At least you can speak another language.

----- Original Message -----
From: <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>
To: <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 5:52 PM
Subject: [BUGS] Bug #537: In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql
don't work.

> Roger (rogermg@teleline.es) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>
> Short Description
> In Red Hat don't open port 5432 and PostgreSql don't work.
>
> Long Description
> Hi!
>
> I recently installing Red Hat 7.2. One of RPM were your PostgreSql. I
thing that there is a bug in the instalallation. Packet is installed
correctly with no error messages. When I try to init server by
(etc/init.d/postgresql start) the Linux says all is OK. But when I make a
port Scan the PostfreSql Port (5432) is not openened and PostMaster process
is running. So PostgreSql don't work because I can not connect to
databases... In redHat 7.1 all was ok.... But 7.2....