SQL92 compliance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Daniel CAUNE
Subject SQL92 compliance
Date
Re: SQL92 compliance  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

Is AS in "SELECT my_column AS my_name FROM my_table" mandatory to be SQL92
compliant?

PostgreSQL requires this keyword by default when defining alias, which might
be good thing.  I mean, I would prefer being notified from a syntax error
than spending a couple of hours wondering why a client application, at the
end of a several data marshalling processes, doesn't get the right data...
For instance MySQL doesn't require it and sometimes that sucks:
 SELECT my_column1        my_column2,        my_column3   FROM my_table

Regards,

--
Daniel