Deleting blob data with LargeObject Java API - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David Benoff
Subject Deleting blob data with LargeObject Java API
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi all,

I’m using the JDBC LargeObject api to do CRUD operations with blobs stored in pg_largeobject.  I am hoping someone could clarify whether calling lobj.delete(myoid) performs a physical or just a logical delete.  If I want to completely delete the blob data from the DB (physical delete), can I just use lobj.delete, or do I have to write a function/trigger to call lo_unlink?  If I DO have to call lo_unlink, does anyone know where I could find example code (since I assume this is a common issue)?

Thanks,

David Benoff

---