New Windows Postgresql platform - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Guillaume de Renty
Subject New Windows Postgresql platform
Date
List pgsql-ports

I have noticed some problems on Windows XP platform for the new postgresql. I have downloaded PgSQL731wina1.exe on your ftp site.

I am French and use a French version of windows XP. Then when the installation program wants to install the postgresql software as a service, it tries to use the account “Administrator”. In the French version, it is “Administrateur”.

After having corrected the batch file, it doesn’t solve the problem: the service doesn’t want to launch. It says that a function has not been implemented…

When I use the normal launcher it works perfectly.

Just a little thing perhaps due to my computer: when I let the postgresql server for a long time inactive; it does some errors in the console.

Well I hope that my commentaries will help you.

Sorry for my bad English.

Go on like this guys, your software is the best!!!!

Guillaume de Renty,

French Student.