RE: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject RE: [HACKERS] Open 6.5 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers

[snip]

> Hiroshi wrote:
>
> 2.
> >     spinlock io_in_progress_lock of a buffer page is not
> >     released by operations called by elog() such as
> >     ProcReleaseSpins(),ResetBufferPool() etc.
>
> I tried to fix this before 6.4 but without success (don't
> remember why).

This is not in my must-fix-for-6.5 lists.
For the present this is caused by other bugs not by bufmgr/smgr itself
and an easy fix may introduce other bugs.

And on segmented relations.

Ole Gjerde who provided the patch for current implementation of
mdtruncate() sayz.
"First, please reverse my patch to mdtruncate() in md.c as soon aspossible.  It does not work properly in some cases."

I also recommend to reverse his patch to mdtruncate().

Though we could not shrink segmented relations by old implementation
the result by vacuum would never be inconsistent(?).

I think we don't have enough time to fix this.

Thanks.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp