Re: Priorities for users or queries? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Rich
Subject Re: Priorities for users or queries?
Date
List pgsql-general
There is a function pg_backend_pid() that will return the PID for
the current session.  You could call this from your updating app
to get a pid to feed to the NICE command.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Benjamin Arai
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 6:56 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Priorities for users or queries?

Hi,

Is there a way to give priorities to queries or users?  Something
similar to NICE in Linux.  My goal is to give the updating (backend)
application a very low priority and give the web application a high
priority to avoid disturbing the user experience.

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin

               http://archives.postgresql.org/