problem with pgadmin query tool EOL sequences - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From rdelong
Subject problem with pgadmin query tool EOL sequences
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

I'm using pgadmin 1.6 on win2k and xp.  Is there any way to control the EOL
sequences sent by the query tool?
I'd like to configure the tool to use \n as the EOL character instead of
\r\n.

If I define multi-line pl/r functions using the pgadmin
III query tool (either v 1.2 or 1.6), then calling those functions causes a
server disconnect (whether they are called via a query through pgadmin III
or inside psql).

If I define an identical function using psql on the console, then it works
fine.

If I do a select prosrc from pg_catalog.pg_proc for "identical"
functions where one was defined in psql and the other in pgadmin III, I see
the following:

Function defined using psql (this version works):
prosrc
x<-rnorm(100);
as.vector(x);

Function defined usgin pgadmin III (this version causes a database
disconnect);
prosrc
x<-rnorm(100);\r
as.vector(x);\r