Re: problem with backup and restore (probaly stupit newb thing) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joel Fradkin
Subject Re: problem with backup and restore (probaly stupit newb thing)
Date
List pgsql-sql
I am not running version 8 (I did try this on the linux box as well, but the
version I documented was the server is linux and the client is XP).

I ran it from PG admin in both cases, maybe I need to just run from the
command line on the linux box (this is fine as long as I can backup the file
and restore it if need be). I did the dump and restore from the PGadminIII
program so maybe the data base is not (UTF-8). I am new to this so I do not
know how to determine and set the types so they match up.
I did a create database and am running a .net app to read the data from
MSSQL and add it to Postgres.

If anyone know a quick to determine this and what the syntax mods are for
the dump and restore I would be very happy, if not I can play around. Thanks
so much for all the help, maybe I should load version 8 (I was not sure
there were rpms for fedora 3 that worked, I tried to load it and was
obviously not doing it correctly).

Joel Fradkin
Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305
jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, IncThis email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s)
andmay
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.