createdb - pq.dll - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Mike Leahy
Subject createdb - pq.dll
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
All,

I have a new minor problem.  When I compile/install PostgreSQL 7.4 from
scratch, when run one of the scripts such as createdb.exe, I get a windows
error message that the "pq.dll" could not be found, and that I should try
reinstalling.  For fun, I tried reinstalling, and I still get the error.  If
I copy the pq.dll (which really has been installed in /usr/lib) to the
windows/system32 folder, it works.  I deleted the DLL, then tried installing
the precompiled PostgreSQL from my cygwin download package, and it worked
without asking for the pq.dll - I found that this time the dll had also been
installed in /usr/bin.  Is this something I should just know to do after I
compile/install, or is it something I'm missing in the source code or my
configuration settings?

Thanks,
Mike