quoted_literal with numeric variable. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Conxita Marín
Subject quoted_literal with numeric variable.
Date
List pgsql-novice
How to construct an 'EXECUTE' sentence into a function using numeric
variables?

To insert the variable in the string to execute, i use
'quote_literal(numero)' where numero is a numeric variable.

When I execute the function, i get this message:

    ERROR:  Function 'quote_literal(numeric)' does not exist
                Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument
types
                You may need to add explicit typecasts

There is the complet test code:

DROP FUNCTION prova();
DROP TABLE temp_tab;
CREATE LOCAL TEMP table temp_tab(
    t_nom        varchar(15) NOT NULL,
    t_num       numeric(4,0)
) WITH OIDS;
CREATE function prova() RETURNS VARCHAR AS
'
DECLARE
    nombre VARCHAR(15);
    numero NUMERIC(4,0);
    RESULT VARCHAR;
BEGIN
    result = ''ok'';
    nombre = ''pepe'';
    numero = 1;
    EXECUTE ''INSERT INTO temp_tab VALUES(''
                        || quote_literal(nombre) ||'',''
                        || quote_literal(numero) ||'')'';
    return result;
END