Re: pgAdmin2 to be included in Dev-C++ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nikolay Mihaylov
Subject Re: pgAdmin2 to be included in Dev-C++
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all

Do u know that there are huge ammount of PRODUCTION(!!!) Windows NT
servers runnini apache , php and mysql? Just because the administrators
are lame, or because some companies cant afford more than one server,
and before they decided to use Windows NT (because they did not knew
about UNIX/Linux/FreeBSD). This is the reality.

One more thing - development for PgSQL is quite dificult just because it
does not runs on Windows 9X. There are huge ammount of development
servers running Win 9X, IIS, PHP and MySQL.

A Windows port for postgres will be great. There were before a postgres
installation for wndows but it does not worked properly.

Is not important HOW stable will Windows version work. For example MySQL
for Win is quite UNSTABLE too. The more important is to be VERY EASY to
be installed, that’s all.

Nikolay.

The Reboots are for hardware upgrades,
Found more here: http://www.nmmm.nu