having a whole lot of trouble... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From isaac flemmin
Subject having a whole lot of trouble...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
font-family:Arial">I am quite new to the installation and setup of PostgreSQL and thus far have been able to compile
andinstall version 7.1.3. I can then connect to the database locally, etc. The problem I am having is in trying to use
eitherthe libpq or the libpq++. No program I write, even if all I do is include the header files, will compile. I have
donea make install-all-headers as root, and still have no luck when trying to compile programs that use either library.
Ihave read thru the faq’s and the doc files, added the library directories to my path in the manners described etc, but
Istill have no luck when trying to compile a program. The sample programs included with the source will not even
compilewhen I use a make. At this point it seems that the header files are not my problem, because I no longer get
filesnot found errors, or what not. But when the compiler goes to link my program with the libraries it just does not
seemto want to do it. Is there any good documentation out there on how to set up pqsql so I can write programs with it.
Thisis something that I need very urgently, since I am under a deadline and have to have a program written that will
putinformation into the database by Monday. If anyone out there has any idea how to help me please send me an email.
face="Arial"size="2"><span style="font-size:10.0pt;
style="font-size:10.0pt;