Looking for auto starting procedures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Looking for auto starting procedures
Date
Re: Looking for auto starting procedures  (Robert Gravsjö <robert@blogg.se>)
List pgsql-general
Hello !

I am coming from Sql Server right now and have to learn about the
infrastructure.

What I missed first, is, to execute procedures regularly/repeatedly
on a given time. I want to prevent my to write a lot external
programs und use cron :-(

The othing thing is, that I need some internally running procedures, which
do some work. On Sql Server, I can use "auto-start stored procedures".
Is there anything like this in postgresql, or what can I do?

And, is it just possible, to put a message to the syslog and with
my own identification string?

Thanks so far!

br++mabra