Re: Linuxday 2007 visit in Berlin - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dirk Frigne
Subject Re: Linuxday 2007 visit in Berlin
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Andreas,

>GIS is a very hot theme: the freeGIS group was present, flightgear is
>using PG and GIS for storing map data. Intevation GmbH is providing GIS
>solutions and support for authorities.

We have an open source solution geGIS with a working demo on
http://www.gegis.org/gegis/application.do?app=demo  under GPL license.

We are using PostgreSQL to store the data. In the demo only data of one
community is shipped, but there are wizards to store your own data.

geGIS is an aggregation of different open source solutions, where PostgreSQL
is one off for data storage. Our own core product, 'MAJAS' is in prerelease
downloadable on http://www.cadrie.com/

If you're interested, we can give a talk on FOSDEM in why choosing
PostgreSQL as one of the components. (we've met on FOSDEM early this year
...)

sincerly
Dirk Frigne
W: www.dfc.be