Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list
Date
Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrot=
e:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 23:14, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> writes:
>>> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wr=
ote:

>>> after seen the commitfest app, i can swear the bug tracker you write
>>> should be cool
>>
>> ... actually, what about minimally modifying the commitfest app to turn
>> it into a bug tracker?
>>
>> We keep complaining that none of the existing trackers would integrate
>> well with our workflow. =A0ISTM what we basically need is something that
>> would index the pgsql-bugs archives to show what the current open issues
>> are. =A0The commitfest app is dang close to that already.
>
> Let's not do that without thinking really careful about =A0it. The
> commitfest app is good at what it does precisely because it's designed
> to do just that, and nothing more (or less). Twisting it into doing
> other things may make things worse rather than better.
>
> That said, basing something off the same ideas can certainly work.

I don't think the code is terribly hard to write no matter how we do
it, and if that means I have to write it, oh well.  What is
frustrating about the current process is that ~5% of the bugs don't
get a response.  How are we going to fix that problem?

...Robert