Re: Postgres 7.0.2-2 on Red Hat 7.0? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Subject Re: Postgres 7.0.2-2 on Red Hat 7.0?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Darrin Ladd" <dladd@newfoundcomm.net> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone has installed the postgres 7.0.2-2 on Red
> Hat 7.0?

Why would you do that? We include postgresql-7.0.2-17, which basically
is the same thing and lots of minor fixes (Lamar and I cooperate on
these...)

>     Error: Failed dependencies:
>         libncurses.so.4 is needed by postgresql-7.0.2-2

ncurses4-5.0-2.i386.rpm

>         libreadline.so.3 is needed by postgresql-7.0.2-2

readline2.2.1-2.2.1-2.i386.rpm

(for anyone interested, the reason for having the version as part of
the time is that they are not the primary versions: They're old
versions included for binary compatibility)

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.