Re: A small question about Red Hat - Mailing list pgsql-general

From teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Subject Re: A small question about Red Hat
Date
List pgsql-general
(not relevant to postgresql, so I suggest you ask this on
e.g. redhat-list: http://www.redhat.com/mailing-lists/ )

"Kapil Tilwani" <karan_pg_2@yahoo.com> writes:

> Red Hat is Open Source and is freely downloadable, right?  But, if I
> have acquired a CD from some source, other than Red Hat, can I install
> on unlimited Computers?

Yes.

> Secondly, what if he had purchased the CD, would a copy of it be
> illegal?

No.

> Also, is it easy to learn FreeBSD for someone like me who knows just
> VB and not even NT completely.  Is FreeBSD graphical also?

It has the same underlying programs as Linux has for graphical display
(X, Gnome/KDE) - you might have a harder time getting accelerated 3D
graphics, other than that, the programs are similar.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.