Re: Looking for info on Solaris 7 (SPARC) specific considerations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gunnar R|nning
Subject Re: Looking for info on Solaris 7 (SPARC) specific considerations
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> > sparc_solaris - SUN SPARC on Solaris 2.4, 2.5, 2.5.1
>
> After you build PG and test it, send us a port report, and we'll add
> Solaris 7 to the list of recently tested platforms.  That's how it
> works ...

We've had client running pgsql 7.0 on Solaris 7 since early May 2000. No
problems at all.

> > Would I use gcc or the native Sun
> > compiler (how do you control that anyway)?
>
> Try 'em both --- set CC environment variable before running configure
> to control configure's choice of compiler.

Most Solaris 7 installations I've seen come without the Sun compiler as
standard, so gcc is probably your safest bet. You probably have to
/usr/ccs/bin to your path to get ar and friends.

regards,

    Gunnar