Re: full text indexing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gunnar R|nning
Subject Re: full text indexing
Date
List pgsql-general
"Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net> writes:

> It's complicated :-)

Yup. :-)

> I would say you're going to run into the 32k limit pretty quick with
> newspaper articles -- I index resumes and I've run into it many times (32k
> of text really isn't all that much)..

Looking forward to TOAST...

> Anyway, I'll try and get that trigger together that I did and send it to the
> PG guys to see if it's worthy of being added to contrib -- I'll send you a
> copy in private if you'd like. Note: I think there have been more people to
> re-write that trigger, I haven't seen anything else though..

I would like to have a look on it. We have similar "simple" full text
search with a keyword table and usage of stop words. But I would really
like to try some thirdparty add-on. I used Verity full text search for
awhile with Sybase.  It let you do joins and such with proxy tables that
were the interface to Verity full text index. Very nice from a usage
perspective compared to what I'm doing now...

regards,

    Gunnar