Re: RE: JDBC Performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gunnar R|nning
Subject Re: RE: JDBC Performance
Date
List pgsql-general
"Keith L. Musser" <kmusser@idisys.com> writes:

> Performance is very consistent using HotSpot JDK1.3 on Windows NT.
>
> What is the best JVM to use on Linux?  Does anybody have experience
> using the new HotSpot for Linux?

Can you stay with 1.1 ? If so go for IBM 1.1.8. It very fast and stable.

The latest releases of IBM JDK 1.3 and SUN JDK 1.3 is not stable enough to
run my web application. Experinced crashes or deadlocks with both of them.
So, I'm using Sun JDK 1.2.2_006 with borland jit and native threads as this
is fastest and most stable environment for my application.

regards,

    Gunnar