Re: Control PhoneNumber Via SQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hamann.w@t-online.de
Subject Re: Control PhoneNumber Via SQL
Date
List pgsql-general
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry for asking question again.
>>
>> I would like to know if it is possible to control the phone number in SQL
>> before inserting it to the destination DB?
>>
>> I have a model in Django:
>>
>> class BasePerson(TimeStampedModel):
>>  phone_number = PhoneNumberField(max_length=50, verbose_name=_(u'phone
>> number'), blank=True)
>>

>> The data for phone number that I am migrating doesn't have country code. I
>> want to determine first if the number has country code in it, if it doesn't
>> then I will add the country code on the number before INSERTING it to the
>> destination database.

Hi, something like
insert into newtable (phone, ...)
 select case when phone ~ '^0[1-9]' then regex_replace('0', '+49', phone) else
  case when phone ~ '^00' then regex_replace('00', '+', phone) else phone end end, ...
 from oldtable;

Regards
Wolfgang