Re: [SQL] Uniqueness of rule, constraint, and trigger names - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [SQL] Uniqueness of rule, constraint, and trigger names
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> Currently we have a rather confusing mismash of behaviors for the
>  names
> of rules, constraints, and triggers.  I'd like to unify the rules
> so that these objects all have the same naming behavior; and the only
> behavior that makes sense to me now is that of triggers.

I agree.

Regarding prioritization:  As a heavy user of constraints and triggers,on two commercial projects, I have yet to have
constraintnamesoverlap.  What's more of a problem for me is those pesky <unnamed>constraints.

-Josh Berkus