Re: location for pgdata - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: location for pgdata
Date
List pgsql-novice
Jules,

> since the (test) server will be mainly a database server, i made my
> /var the biggest partition and put the pg data in there. but, is
> there
> any convention or default on where pg data are placed? i ask this to
> make sure i don't run into trouble with an upgrade / RPM / DEB by
> making an exotic choice now.

Conventions are weak.  The source defaults to /usr/local/pgsql/
SuSE RPMs put it in /opt/lib/pgsql/.  Deb puts it in /var/lib/postgresql
(I think).

So, put it whereever you want.  Although /boot/ would bporbably not be a
good idea.  ;-)

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com