Re: GUID in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: GUID in postgres
Date
Re: GUID in postgres  (John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org>)
List pgsql-sql
Dinesh,

Please do not cross-post to two different lists.  It annoys those of us
who are subscribed to both lists, and you are less likely to get help.

> Is there any concept of sys_Guid in postgres.
> If yes what is that ??
> As i am using GUID in sql and oracle, then what is counterpart of
> this in postgres. It is urgent.

No.  Frankly, I don't know what a sys_GUID is.  However, PostgreSQL
allows you to create your own functions, operators, and data types, so
I'm sure you could make your own GUID, whatever one is.

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

Attachment