Re: Press release for 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Press release for 7.3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

> Can you paste them into the PostgreSQL Guides section so we can all
 > take
 > a look at the suggestions, live, add comments, etc?

I jjust put my current draft up at:
 http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Pressrelease73

However, the formatting got pretty screwed in the process. If someone
 has the time, can you fix the formatting? It should be pretty obvious.

This version is my revision of Robert Treat's re-arrangement of Geoff's
 original press release. Improvements are welcome.

Questions that need to be answered, even if you love this version:

1) We need two volunteers to take press inquiries, preferably one in
 North America and one somewhere else. You must be able to accept both
 e-mails and phone calls, and be able to talk knowlegably about 7.3

2) Do we have permission to quote ISOC?

3) Can I get a nice, 20-30 word quote from Tom Lane about the new
 version?

4) Marc, what's our current total mailing list enrollment? I'd like to
 throw a figure at the press for "PostgreSQL Community membership"

5) Anybody have a good idea how many other major RDMBSs have SCHEMA
 support? I'll bet it's not many ...

6) I'd love someone to re-write the "about PostgreSQL". Particularly,
 I want to hit on all of the following points:
 - worldwide volunteer & commmercial developer base.
 - 16 years of development
 - had enterprise features, ACID, etc for years
 - same DB as Red Hat DB
 - home at www.postgresql.org and advocacy.postgresql.org
 - supported by dozens of commercial products.

 Thanks, lets get this on the road, 7.3 may be out in less than 2
weeks!

-Josh