Re: [NOVICE] Loading current_user and current_timestamp using COPY - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Loading current_user and current_timestamp using COPY
Date
List pgsql-sql
Herb,

> Right now I'm loading 1,500 test records in my largest table...but I
> don't
> want to do inserts...I'll stay with COPY and ignore the NULLS for
> now.
> In the future, however, I could be bulk loading up to 60,000 records.
> Of course, all records after that will be inserts, so perhaps the
> point is
> moot. Although...if COPY can handle the now() function, it should be
> able
> to handle the current_user/current_timestamp without too much
> overhead.
> Well....thanks for the help

Sorry I couldn't be more help.  I haven't seen any answers on the SQL
list.  I can think of several workarounds, depending on what kind of a
user interface you're using, such as having a linked batches table.

-Josh Berkus

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

Attachment