Re: More on the TO DO wishlist - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: More on the TO DO wishlist
Date
List pgsql-sql
Chris,

> Can the parser be changed to be a little more intelligent about it's
> error
> reporting,

This is on everybody's "todo" list.  According to Bruce and Jan at LWE,
though, better error reporting is not an easy fix.

> and can it be changed to check if all variables, records,
> etc.
> have been defined before the program runs?

Actually, I think this would be a role better served by an IDE.  I've
long thought that it would be teriffic if someone wrote a PL/whatever
IDE (covering PL/pgSQL, PL/sh, PLtcl and PLperl).  However, I can
neither fund nor write it myself, so that'll remain a "wish list" item
until maybe Red Hat sees money in it.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if RH has a seperate "wish list" for
what us developer-types would like to see our of RHDB?

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh@agliodbs.com

Attachment