Errors starting postgres service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Atteneder
Subject Errors starting postgres service
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi everybody!

I'm havin troubles with my postgres service. When started at bootup it gives
me an error message:

shell-init: could not get current directory : getcwd : cannot access parent
directory : permission denied

and:

job-working-directory: could not get current directory : getcwd : cannot
access parent directory : permission denied

These and similar messages appear when using the postgres account and
working with the database commands.

Have I done something wrong with the rights? I tried it for weeks on my
private server and everything worked fine. Now I tried implementing the
database on the company server and now that...

It would be great if anyone could give me a hint.

Thanx,
Christian Atteneder