importing into postgres from access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From nsrona
Subject importing into postgres from access
Date
List pgsql-general
I currently have postgres on a Linux 6.2 machine & I can access all of its
information from any windows machine using the proper odbc driver.

Now I want to go in the other direction - Is there a way for my postgres
server on the linux box to pull down information from a windows client that
is using an Access Database?

I could just as easily get my Access table to export the information or have
it run an insert query w/ the linked postgres tables, but I would perfer
that postgres does all the work - it would be much much faster doing it on
the linux server..   I want it to pull the information directly from an
Access table on a Windows machine w/out me opening the necessary files on
the windows side.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance ....

.