Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
> It can also be bad - the more time spent supporting Windows, the less
> time is spent working on PostgreSQL itself.

Unless the Windows support attracts more resources. Personally I'd be
surprised if that's not the case.

> That's clearly a decision only you can make. Getting replication working
> on Windows will happen quicker the more people help. If all you want is
> an off-machine backup, perhaps look at PITR (see manuals for details).

If you're using a Java based client perhaps something like C-JDBC
http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org would help. It's known to run well with
PostgreSQL.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren