Re: pgxs and pginstaller - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: pgxs and pginstaller
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>

>>>My temporary patch for this was to remove all lines staring
>>>with 'ifeq'
>>>or 'endif' between line 66 and 102.
>>>

>>I agree with your earlier comment - this should definitely be fixed in
>>PostgreSQL, not pgInstaller.
>>

>It's not broken, and I've seen no argument as to why we ought to change it.

Well, at least make it case insensitive so that a location containing
PostgreSQL doesn't cause this behavior.

But quite frankly, wouldn't it be much better if the rule(s) was based
on known "common locations" rather than to just assume that it is a such
if it doesn't contain the string postgres? You are limiting the valid
settings of the 'prefix' option quite a bit at present. Why?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren