Re: don't allow walsender to consume superuser_reserved_connection slots, or during shutdown - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: don't allow walsender to consume superuser_reserved_connection slots, or during shutdown
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Here's the fine patch.  The actual code changes are simple and seem to
>> work as expected, but I struggled a bit with the phrasing of the
>> messages.  Feel free to suggest improvements.
>
> Stick with the original wording?  I don't really see a need to change it.

I don't think that's a good idea.  If we just say that the remaining
connection slots are for superusers, someone will inevitably ask us
why their superuser replication can't connect.  I think it's important
to phrase things as accurately as possible.

...Robert