Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gary Doades
Subject Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:50:43 -0400, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane)
wrote:

>Well, (a) I ran out of time, and (b) I wasn't sure what the most
>convenient API would be.  Should we create something that packages
>together a Parse and a Describe Statement, or expose those as
>separate things?
>
>There's surely no technical difficulty once you've got some consensus
>on what the API should look like.
>

>            regards, tom lane

Having a separate Parse and Describe would fit neatly with the ODBC
model. Hopefully the ODBC driver will get worked on in the medium term
to use libpq.

Regards,
Gary.