Re: Postgres 9.1 issues running data directory from VMware shared folder - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jacob Bunk Nielsen
Subject Re: Postgres 9.1 issues running data directory from VMware shared folder
Date
List pgsql-general
"Arze, Cesar" <CArze@som.umaryland.edu> writes:

> creating template1 database in /mnt/pg_data/base/1 ... FATAL:  could
> not open file "pg_xlog/000000010000000000000001" (log file 0, segment
> 1): No such file or directory

We've seen something slightly similar when running PostgreSQL in a Linux
container. See this thread for more details:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/spamdrop+87ha31kxrc.fsf@atom.bunk.cc

We have not solved this problem yet, but currently I'm leaning towards
blaming the container layer, so next time we experience problems I think
we'll try to remove the virtualization.

Best regards

Jacob