Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Subject Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Al Frick <bscinc2000@yahoo.comNOSPAM> wrote:
> Which operating system should I use for a Postgresql server?

One that the person(s) who will have to administrate it are familiar with
and that is stable.

> Linux? Which version?

Database servers usually have high stability requirements. For Linux,
consider a distribution that emphasises stability, upgradability and remote
maintenance.

> Is there anywhere that discusses configurations for postgresql?

The -admin list is probably the best place.

HTH,
Ray
--
The road to hell is paved with telecom billing requirements.