Differential Backups - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Differential Backups
Date
Re: Differential Backups  (hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.pl>)
List pgsql-general
I have been thinking about backups.  I currently do one a day.  However, I thought it might be nice to get differential
backupsthrough the day.  I should be able to generate dumps throughout the day, generate a diff from my baseline dump,
andjust keep the diff, right?  Then to do a restore I would just patch for the point in time I wanted to restore to?
Seemslike it would work, but whether it would save any hard drive space would depend on how much activity the database
saw. Anyone doing this now?

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department