Pltcl kills postmaster... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Harding
Subject Pltcl kills postmaster...
Date
List pgsql-general
NetBSD 1.5 on i386
PostgreSQL 7.1.1 and 7.1.2

I downloaded source, compiled and installed Postgresql 7.1.1 and all was well.

Once the NetBSD pkgsrc packages caught up with the latest distribution, I decided to use it to install and maintain PG.
So, I deleted /usr/local/pgsql and installed using pgksrc.  It seems to have worked fine.

I added 'pltcl' language to template1 and created a database.  I created my tables, views, functions, triggers from
script. Functions create just fine.

However, any time I try to execute a pltcl function, I get

/usr/pkg/lib/pltcl.so: Undefined PLT symbol "TclCreateInterp" (reloc type=7, synum=3)
Server process (pid 11970) exited with status 256...

What could this be?

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department