Granting COPY FROM access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Cser
Subject Granting COPY FROM access
Date
List pgsql-general
>The problem isn't permission for copy, it permission to access files.

>only the super user can access the file system through pgsql, because
of
>security concerns.

>copy can be run by anybody.  copy from/to a FILE can only be done by
the
>super user.

>Have you tried queueing up copy from stdin and a stream of data and
\.
>in ODBC?  I'm pretty sure that'll work, but I've never tried it.

I imagine that your solution would work, but the larger issue is that I
am sending the SQL from an R program, and not using the psql console.  I
could launch it the console programmatically and send copy commands to
it, but that's just adding more moving parts.  Having everyone be a
superuser is good enough for now, thanks anyway.

-Jim Cser