Re: How can I recovery old Data from files and - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Premsun Choltanwanich
Subject Re: How can I recovery old Data from files and
Date
List pgsql-general
My problem is I cannot start PostgreSQL service on Windows 2000 Advance
Server. For more information it's work fine for all 3 - 4 months ago.

The error message that show when I try to start PostgreSQL service is:

Microsoft Management Console
Could not start the PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0-beta1 service on
Local Computer.
The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows
error or an internal service error.
If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

So I cannot restore my erroneous version and dump my data for
reinstall. Could you give me some suggestion for correct this problem?

FYI: The ways I already done are
- reinstall with out uninstall the old one.
- reinstall with uninstall the old one first. then copy the old data
directory to the new one
- reinstall with uninstall the old one first. then copy the old files
by try to compare between the old one and new one file by file.

>>> "Markus Wollny" <Markus.Wollny@computec.de> 7/12/2004 5:14:02 pm

Hi!

You can't. You'll have to restore your erroneous version first, then
dump your data, the reinstall and use restore to restore the data you
want.

Kind regards

   Markus