Problems with Datacard, psqlodbc, oledb, and the Microsoft OLEDB->ODBC bridge - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Al Balmer
Subject Problems with Datacard, psqlodbc, oledb, and the Microsoft OLEDB->ODBC bridge
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Has anyone used PostgreSQL with Datacard ID Works version 5? We tested
version 4 successfully, but version 5 uses OLEDB, and we haven't found
a setup which works. We've tried both the OLEDB driver, version 1, and
the Microsoft OLEDB->ODBC bridge with the latest ODBC driver.

The design application connects and works fine. We get a execution
exception when starting up the production application. I know, that
means that Datacard has a bug at least in handling whatever problem it
sees, but we're hoping there's a known workaround.

PS: testing with MS Excel and the OLEDB driver also produces an
execution exception.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ