Re: 8.3b2 XPath-based function index server crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Magoffin
Subject Re: 8.3b2 XPath-based function index server crash
Date
Re: 8.3b2 XPath-based function index server crash  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
In article <8105.1195417999@sss.pgh.pa.us>,
 tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us (Tom Lane) wrote:

> "Matt Magoffin" <postgresql.org@msqr.us> writes:
> > So I explored with a SELECT statement, thinking there was some specific
> > XML document causing the crash. I could consistently execute this
> > statement to get a crash:
>
> > select XMLSERIALIZE( CONTENT
> > (xpath('/als:auto-lead-service/als:meta[@key="AREA"][1]/text()', xml,
> >         ARRAY[ARRAY['als','http://autoleadservice.com/xml/als']]))[1] as text)
> > from lead order by id limit 1 offset 83367;
>
> Could you put together a self-contained example?  It would probably take
> someone else a long time to guess at all the details you've left out.
>
> One point in particular is that this query would not use the index
> you mentioned, so I doubt that's relevant.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Sorry if I left any relavent details out. I've been looking at this for
a while so many things are probably obvious only to me. Could you hint
at which additional details you think would be useful here?

-- m@