Re: Memory usage of auto-vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gael Le Mignot
Subject Re: Memory usage of auto-vacuum
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello Guillaume!

Sat, 09 Jul 2011 10:53:14 +0200, you wrote:

 > I don't quite understand how you can get up to 1GB used by your process.
 > According to your configuration, and unless I'm wrong, it shouldn't take
 > more than 40MB. Perhaps a bit more, but not 1GB. So, how did you find
 > this number?

Looking at  "top" we  saw the postgres  process growing and  growing and
then shrinking  back, and doing  a "select * from  pg_stat_activity;" in
parallel of the growing we found only the "vacuum analyze" query running.

But maybe  we drawn the conclusion  too quickly, I'll  try disabling the
auto vacuum to see if we really get rid of the problem doing it.

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

--
Gaël Le Mignot - gael@pilotsystems.net
Pilot Systems - 9, rue Desargues - 75011 Paris