Re: OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1 How to? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Gray
Subject Re: OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1 How to?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:34:42 +0100, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> Am Montag, den 12.12.2005, 15:26 -0500 schrieb Matthew T. O'Connor:
>> Jerry LeVan wrote:
>> > Are there any (detailed) instructions available on how to connect
>> > OpenOffice 2 and Postgresql 8.1.
>> >
>> > I have the jdbc driver(s) from postgresql.org...
>> >
>> > I am running FC4 and have access to DB's on a Mac and the Linux box.
>>
>> This would be a helpful thing to have.  I know there is a native OOo
>> driver that was in development but hasn't been updated in quite a while.
>>  I would love to see that get included in the main OOo distribution.
>>
>> http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/
>>
>> Anyone have any information on this?
>
> This one worked fine with OO.org 1.x
> but does not anymore with OO.org 2.x
> (It appears to be registered but just does not appear in the list of
> available database types)

It worked for me (using version sdbc driver v0.6.2 and oO.o 2.0) - the
biggest drawback is that it includes pg_catalog and information_schema in
the table selection boxes - with public at the end!

The instructions for the dba setup are either non-existent or incorrect,
so you need to have a spirit of adventure about you (eg: the connection
string to provide is just the "host=somehost dbname=xyz" bit - you don't
need the sdbc:postgresql: prefix.)

Regards

John