Re: Postgres 7.3.4 install - Mailing list pgsql-general

From stephane parenton
Subject Re: Postgres 7.3.4 install
Date
List pgsql-general
Le Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:04:50 +0100, Anthony Agoro (C)
<Anthony.Agoro@ordnancesurvey.co.uk> a écrit:

> Hi,

> I am about to install postgresql-7.3.4 on redhat7.3.

> But I am getting no such file or directory.  I checked the bin directory
> that I can not locate the configure script. Do I need to install the
> script first or is it a directory I have not worked out as yet.

hi anthony,

First of all, can you please tell us what version you have downloaded... is
it the binary RPM version, the source rpm version ? the source tar.gz or
tar.bz2 ?

then if the sources were the right answer and that you have successfully
extracted them in a directory such as /my/directory, then you should be
able to go to this directory with cd /my/directory, and to configure
postgres with a ./configure

It's from memory because my 2 last installs were done with the rpm on a RH
7.3 (which works fine also...)

stephane