Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables

From: Pierre C
Subject: Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
 Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
  Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
   Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Thom Brown, )
    Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
   Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Andres Freund, )
    Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Rob Wultsch, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  ("Pierre C", )
       Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
        Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  ("Pierre C", )

> Yes, the "other" reason is that I am not issueing a single SQL command,
> but import data from plain ASCII files through the Pyhton-based
> framework into the database.
>
> The difference between your measurement and my measurent is the upper
> potential of improvement for my system (which has, on the other hand,
> the advantage of being a bit more powerful and flexible than a single
> SQL statement....;-) )

Ah, in that case ... ;)

You could give pypy a try, sometimes it's a lot slower, sometimes it's a
lot faster.