Re: Question on imports with foreign keys - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Emre Hasegeli
Subject Re: Question on imports with foreign keys
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:10:06 +0200, Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net> wrote:

> Lets's say there were already 1000 records in the customers table.
> Now I add 357 new customers to this table.
>  If I use one of your queries I'd get all 1357 entries of customers
> since "project_x.projectinfos" would be newly created for this project
> and therefor empty.
>  I need to know which customers.id was created for which line in the
> temporary table that I read in with copy.
> When I have those ids I can fill "project_x.projectinfos" with just
> those new 357 customer.ids and foreign keys refering the new
> lookup-tables.

Sorry, I do not understand exactly. What is the difference between the new
357 customers and the existent 1000 customers? If it is the date they
inserted, then the should be filtered by the date. If it is another
attribute like project they are related, then they should be filtered by
the project column or the relation table.