Missing DLL after unplaned server stop - Mailing list pgsql-general

From gbrun
Subject Missing DLL after unplaned server stop
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi everybody!

I've encountered a problem similar to this mentioned on this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-12/msg00207.php

I've got the same problem: I'm unable to start PostGreSQL (trough PGAdmin
or the service itself). Message is: "This application failed to start
because SSLEAY32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix
this problem." This problem appeared after an unwilled server stop
(because of a storm). Nevertheless, I can't be sure my problem is related
to this stop.

My server is a Windows Server 2008 64 bit. I'm using a PostGreSQL 9.0.4
version (32 bit), with PostGIS extension 1.5.

So, I looked after the missing dll: I found it into the folder
"..\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin\postgisgui".

I didn't try to reinstall PostGreSQL because I have some data that I would
like to get back. Nevertheless, I haven't done any database backup... Is
there any way to get back data without backup? Or maybe is there a way to
solve the dll problem without reinstalling PostGreSQL?

Any help would be great! :)

Geoffrey