Re: BUG #4461: Should avoid create tblspcs in system location - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From toruvinn
Subject Re: BUG #4461: Should avoid create tblspcs in system location
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:06:35 +0200, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
wrote:
> If this is the location you give it, why should it avoid creating
> tablespaces there?
I believe this is called "making things `idiot-proof'". This is the
direction Microsoft's software takes, and I wouldn't be really happy to
see that in PG. This would eventually lead to limitations for PG's
advanced users (well, maybe not in this particular case), disallowing them
to do things, because the software "thinks it's wrong".
On the other hand - initdb has several "sanity" checks if I'm not mistaken.

--
ru