Re: modules - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From PFC
Subject Re: modules
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 02:17:10 +0100
> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> I was inclined to dismiss it myself but I think the point that's come
>> up here
>> is interesting. The ISP has to not just install an RPM or type make
>> install in
>> some source tree -- but actually log into each customer's database and
>> run an
>> SQL script. That does seem like more work and more risk than a lot of
>> ISPs
>> will be willing to take on.
On (k)Ubuntu you can apt-get install postgresql-contrib-8.3 which puts
everything in the right places, all you have to do then is to run the sql
scripts in /usr/share/postgresql/8.3/contrib/ as user postgres...But of course you need the ISP to do it for you if you
arenot superuser.

Some will bother to run a few commands for a user, some won't...