Re: multiple inserts - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oren Mazor
Subject Re: multiple inserts
Date
Re: multiple inserts  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
List pgsql-novice
hm. well. I'm looking at a data set that can potentially get a few
thousand big. So I'll stick with the COPY command.

the trick is that I'm inserting a 1000 row 20 column table. This gets
super slow, as you can imagine, so I'm looking at creating a two tables, a
1000 row table with a single column (my unique identifiers) and a 20
column table with a single row (the default values) and then UNIONing them.

would doing a COPY be a better idea?

--
Nanny Ogg looked under her bed in case there was a man there. Well, you
never knew your luck.